1. First Grade teachers create a family environment where everyone shows kindness and respect to others.
2. We encourage independence and responsibility.
3. We appreciate our families reinforcing skills learned at school by completing homework and reading nightly.
4. First grade is a targeted reading year. Students will need to show leveled growth monthly.
5. In math, this year, your child will be focusing on basic math skills with a concentration on number sense ( taking apart and putting together numbers).
6. We provide enriching, hands on, science and social studies activities that connect learning to real world experiences.
7. First grade teachers differentiate to meet the needs of the individual child.
8. Our first grade team is excited to be a part of the first Dual Language Immersion Program offered here at Manteo Elementary School.